Dr. Trishna Choudhury is working with CED Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since December 2018. She has completed her PhD degree in Structural Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in August 2018. Her research interests include Nonlinear Performance and Damage Assessment of Structures, Seismic Risk and Vulnerability Assessment, Seismic Rehabilitation and Retrofitting of Buildings.
- D. (IIT Guwahati) in Structural Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering
- E. in Civil Engineering / Assam Engineering College, Guwahati, Assam / First class
Experience: Total Teaching Experience 4 years and ongoing
- August 2010 – July 2012: Lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering, Royal School of Engineering and Technology (Royal Group of Institutions).
- August 2017 – November 2017: Junior Research Fellow (JRF-GATE) in the project titled “Evaluation and Enhancement of Seismic Capacity of Assam-type Housing” in the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- December 2018 – Present: Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
- Structural Dynamics/Earthquake Engineering
- Seismic Analysis and Design of Structures
- Probability Concepts in Fragility Analysis
- Nonlinear Performance and Damage Assessment of Structures
- Seismic Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
- Seismic Rehabilitation and Retrofitting of Buildings
- Choudhury, T. and Bansal, P. (2022) “Seismic Fragility and Retrofitting of a Damaged RC Beam-Column Joint using UHP-HFRC”, Earthquakes and Structures, Techno Press. Vol. 23, No. 5 (2022) 463-472.
- Sompura, M, Choudhury, T., Kwatra, N. (2021) “Investigating the Nonlinear Performance of Corroded Reinforced Concrete Beams”, Journal of Building Engineering, Elsevier, Vol. 44 (102640), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jobe.2021.102640, Impact Factor: 7.144
- Choudhury, T., Kumar, V., Rashid, F., and Kaushik, H. B. (2020). “Seismic Vulnerability Assessment and Strengthening of New Market Building Damaged after January 04, 2016 Imphal (India) Earthquake”, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, ASCE, Vol. 34 (2): 04019116, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0001392 (Also published in select Science Last Fortnight, Current Science, Vol. 118, No. 7, 10 April 2020), Impact Factor: 2.49
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H. B. (2019). “Treatment of Uncertainties in Seismic Fragility of RC Buildings with Infill Walls”, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Elsevier, Vol. 126, November 2019, 105771, DOI: 10.1016/j.soildyn.2019.105771. Impact Factor: 3.718
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H. B. (2018). “Seismic Response Sensitivity to Uncertain Variables in RC Frames with Infill Walls” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 144(10): 04018184, October, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0002190. Impact Factor: 3.23
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H. B. (2020). "Component Level Fragility Estimation for Vertically Irregular Reinforced Concrete Frames", Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Taylor & Francis, Vol 24(6), pp. 947-971, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2018.1453413. Impact Factor: 2.38
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H. B. (2018). “Seismic Fragility of Open Ground Storey RC Frames with Wall Openings for Vulnerability Assessment”, Engineering Structures, Elsevier, Vol 155(15), January 2018, Elsevier, pp. 345-357, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.11.023. Impact Factor: 4.471
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2015). "Vulnerability Analysis of Buildings for Seismic Risk Assessment: A Review", The Bridge and Structural Engineer, The journal of the Indian National Group (ING) of International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE), Vol. 45(1), March 2015, pp. 63-76
- Tramboo, A. H. and Choudhury, T., “Seismic Performance Assessment of a Tall RC Building Retrofitted with Shear Walls”, 12th Structural Engineering Convention-An International Event (SEC 2020), Organized by NCDMM and MNIT Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, 19-22 December 2022.
- Sompura, M., Choudhury, T., Kwatra, N., “Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis of Corroded Reinforced Concrete Beams”, 12th Structural Engineering Convention-An International Event (SEC 2020), Organized by NCDMM and MNIT Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, 19-22 December 2022.
- Singh G., Singh P., and Choudhury T., “Influence of Openings in Masonry Walls in the Modelling of Masonry Infilled Reinforced Concrete Frames” in the conference Civil Engineering Council for Asian Region (CECAR9) held in Goa (21-24 Sept 2022)
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2019), “Purview of Nonlinear Static and Dynamic Analysis Procedures on Seismic Fragility Estimation of RC Buildings with Masonry Infills”, National Conference on Advances in Structural Technologies, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, India – 788010.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2018), “Sensitivity Study of Seismic Response of MI-RC Frames to Critical Random Parameters”, 16th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, 20-22 December 2018, IIT Roorkee, India.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2018), “Seismic Fragility Flow Plots for Risk Assessment of Reinforced Concrete Buildings with Open Ground Storey”, CESDOC 2018, 2nd International Conference on Sustainability, 18-19 December, Guwahati, Assam.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2017), “A Simplified Method for Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of RC Buildings with Open Ground Storey”, Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 9-13 January 2017, Paper No. 1684, Santiago, Chile.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2016), “Seismic Fragility of Reinforced Concrete Frames with Vertical Irregularities”, Proceedings of Structural Engineering Convention (SEC-2016), 21-23 December 2016, Paper ID 469, CSIR-SERC, Chennai, India.
- Choudhury, T., and Kaushik, H.B. (2015), “Seismic Fragility of Masonry Infilled Reinforced Concrete Frames with Open Ground Story”, Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Vibration Problems (ICOVP), December 14-17, 2015, Paper No. O0202, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Choudhury T., Kaushik H.B. (2019) Seismic Fragility of Reinforced Concrete Frames with Vertical Irregularities. In: Rao A., Ramanjaneyulu K. (eds) Recent Advances in Structural Engineering, Volume 2. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 12. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-0365-4_49, E-book ISBN: 978-981-13-0365-4
- “A Low-Cost Seismic Vibration Control Mechanism for RC Buildings” sanctioned under the SERB- POWER grant in the September 2022 as Principal Investigator. (Budget: 88 lacs)
- “Investigation on SMA Fibers for Retrofitting of RC Structures” sanctioned under the Center of Emerging Materials and Science (CEEMS), a collaborative venture of Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) and Virginia Tech in the August 2022 as Principal Investigator. (Budget: 6 lacs)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) India
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked among top 1/8th of total candidates in India in four subjects in All India Senior Secondary examination in the year 2004 from Kendriya Vidyalaya CRPF, Guwahati.
- Star marks awardee in Higher Secondary examination in the year 2006 from Cotton College.
- Ranked 2nd in Gauhati University (B.E. Civil Engineering), Assam in the year 2010.
- Received Government of India (MHRD) scholarship during Ph.D. program at IIT Guwahati.
- 1st runners up in poster presentation in Research Conclave’16 held at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in the year 2016.