Structural Engineering, Materials
Contact No.: 09456338299, 09445623279
Dr. Danie Roy is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. He was appointed in June 2016 after completing his doctorate at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee. He obtained his B.E. in Civil Engineering in the year 2004 from St. Xaviers Catholic College of Engineering, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu. Danie completed an ME in Structural Engineering from Annamalai University Tamil Nadu. His research interests include High-Temperature Testing of Concrete elements, Structural Evaluation and Retrofitting, High-performance concrete (HPC) and ultra-high-performance concrete (UHPC), and Durability of concrete. He has guided one completed Ph.D. and presently supervising 5 pursuing Ph.D. Candidates. He has guided more than 20 M.E. Dissertation. He has more than 25 papers in various journals and conferences of international reputes.
AREA OF RESEARCH INTEREST:
Reinforced Concrete, High Strength Concrete, Fibre Reinforced Concrete
High-Temperature Testing of Concrete elements
Structural Evaluation and Retrofitting
Use of Industrial By- Products in Cement-Based Materials
- Bond Behavior between FRP and Damaged Concrete” Ushta Infinity Construction Co.Pvt.Ltd.Vadodra, Sanctioned Amount = Rs.5.0 lacs
- DST-FIST sponsored project titled Advanced Testing Facility For Seismic Performance, Sustainable Materials, And Pavement Evaluations. Sanctioned Amount = Rs.179.0 lacs (Ongoing). March2022
- PI in TIET-VT Center of Excellence in Emerging Materials (CEEMS) sponsored a project titled Application of Biochar to Develop Cementitious Composite for Various Building Materials. Sanctioned Amount = Rs.13.0 lacs (Ongoing) August 2022
- Payal., Danie Roy, A.B & Naveen Kwatra, Behavior of Headed Bars in Steel Fibers Based Concrete. Sadhana journal (2023) 48:4
- Pavitar Singh, Danie Roy A. B & Heaven Singh. Mechanical and Durability Properties of Concrete Incorporating Weathered Coarse Linz-Donawitz (LD) Steel Slag. Journal of Building Engineering 61 (2022) 105301
- Anil Garhwal, Shruti Sharma and Danie Roy A. B, Performance of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Sandwiched Concrete Panels subjected to accelerated corrosion. Structures Volume 43, September 2022, Pages 1057-1072
- Shakeel Waseem, B. Danie Roy; R. Siva Chidambaram; Gaurav Ghangas Feasibility of Geo-grid as Confining Reinforcement in RC Columns – An experimental Investigation. Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series A. 103, 139–153 (2022).
- Charu Gupta, R. Siva Chidambaram and Danie Roy A. B Shear Resistance Behavior of Exterior Beam-Column Joint with Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete. Structural Integrity, vol 19. pp 321–335 Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-98335-2_21
- Payal., Danie Roy, A.B & Naveen Kwatra Behaviour of Steel Fibers Reinforced Exterior Beam-Column Joint Using Headed Bars Under Reverse Cyclic Loading. Structures - Volume 33, October 2021, Pages 3929-3943.
- Upander, Danie Roy A. B & Naveen Kwtara, Out of Plane Performance of Novel Concrete Sandwich Panel Using Different Geosynthetics. Construction and Building Materials, Volume 300, 20 September 2021, 124186.
- Payal., Danie Roy, A.B & Naveen Kwatra Performance evaluation of different shapes of headed bars in steel fiber reinforced concrete" Advances in concrete construction. Volume 11, Number 5, May 2021, pages 387-396.
- Payal., Danie Roy, A.B & Naveen Kwatra, Anchorage Capacity of Headed Bars in Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering.
- Singh Manpreet, Danie Roy A B & Singh Harsimaeran (2020). Feasibility and Performance analysis of Carbonated Recycled aggregate concrete. International Journal of Sustainability Engineering.
- Danie Roy, A.B, R. Ganesh, Shakeel Ahmad Waseem, C. Shermi, (2018). Temperature-Dependent Bond Strength Model for GFRP Laminate Externally Bonded to Heat-Damaged Concrete. Construction and Building Materials. 190 526–532
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P., (2017). A Study on Different Techniques of Restoration of Fire Damaged Reinforced Concrete Flexural Members. Journal of Structural Fire Engineering, 8(2), 131-148.
- Vishnu, Aditi Chauhan, Danie Roy, A.B., and Sharma U.K. (2017). Influence of Various Exposure Conditions on the Structural Performance of Sandwich Wall Panels. Indian Concrete Journal. 91(11), 21-31.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P. (2015). Confinement strengthening of heat-damaged reinforced concrete columns. Magazine of Concrete Research, 68(6), 291-304.
- Danie Roy, A. B., Sharma, U. K., & Bhargava, P. (2015). Bond Properties of GFRP Laminate with Heat-Damaged Concrete. Journal of Composites for Construction, 20(2), 04015053.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P. (2014). Strengthening of heat-damaged reinforced concrete short columns. Journal of Structural Fire Engineering, 5(4), 381-398.
- Shah, A.H., Sharma, U.K., Danie Roy, A.B., & Bhargava, P., (2013). Spalling behaviour of nano SiO2 high strength concrete at elevated temperatures. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 6, p. 01009). EDP Sciences
Peer-Reviewed International Conferences
- Akshay Sharma, Danie Roy, A.B., PremPal Bansal, Performance Of Limestone Calcined Clay Cement (Lc3) At High Temperatures" for the 7th International Workshop on Concrete Spalling due to Fire Exposure Berlin, 12-14 October 2022.
- Pavan Kumar, Umesh Kumar Sharma, & B. Danie Roy, Influence of elevated temperature and different cooling regimes on mechanical and transport properties on High Strength Self-Compacting concrete, for the 7th International Workshop on Concrete Spalling due to Fire Exposure Berlin, 12-14 October 2022.
- Pavitar Singh, Danie Roy A. B & Akshay Sharma “Utilization of Linz-Donawitz slag and Brick Bat for the production of sustainable Paver Blocks” in the Second International Conference on Construction Materials and Structures (ICCMS-2022) during 13-19 December, 2022.Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, Strengthening of Heat-damaged R/C Members with Different Techniques. National Conference on Advanced Structures, Materials, and Methodology in Civil Engineering, NITJ. Jalandhar. 03-04, 2018.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P., Strengthening of Heat Damaged Reinforced Concrete Cylinders, International Conference on Applications of Structural Fire Engineering. Prague, 19-20 April 2013.pp 486-492
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P A Study on Different Techniques of Restoration of Heat Damaged R.C. Beams. 8th International Conference on Structures in Fire, Shanghai, China, June 11-13, 2014, pp 1015-1022.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P, Behavior of Square And Circular Heat Damaged Reinforced Concrete Column Strengthened With Different Composites Tested Under Axial Compression. The 6th International Conference of Asian Concrete Federation, Seoul, Korea, September 17-19, 2014.
- Shah, A.H., Sharma, U.K., Bhargava, P., & Danie Roy, A.B., Performance of nano SiO2 Incorporated High Strength Concrete at Elevated Temperature, International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy Efficient Buildings. CSIR- Central Buildings Research Institute, Roorkee, 13-15 February 2013.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P, High Strength Fiber Reinforced Concrete in Strengthening of Heat Damaged Reinforced Concrete Circular Columns, International Conference on the Regeneration and
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Life Member, Indian Society of Earthquake Technology (LM 1875)
- Life Member, Indian Society for Construction Materials and Structures. (LM2014009)
- Affiliated Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE – 1015822)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Received Incentives under the performance Award Scheme for the period from January 2018 to December 2018 from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Received Incentives under the performance Award Scheme for the period from January 2017 to December 2017 from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Received the Best Young Researcher award from jci Japan Concrete Institute at the International Conference on Regeneration and Conservation of Concrete Structures held in Nagasaki, Japan from 1-3 June 2015.
- Conservation of Concrete Structures (RCCS), Nagasaki, Japan, June 1-3, 2015.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P, Applications of Ferrocement In Strengthening of Heat Damaged Reinforced Concrete Circular Columns, 11th International Symposium on Ferrocement (FERRO-11), Aachen, Germany, June 7-10, 2015.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, P, Strengthening Heat Damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams Using Glass Fiber-Reinforced Polymer (GFRP) Laminates, Applications of Structural Fire Engineering, Dubrovnik, Croatia 15-16 October 2015.
- Danie Roy, A.B., Sharma, U.K., & Bhargava, Strengthening of Heat-Damaged Reinforced Concrete Circular Columns with GFRP. The 7th Asia Pacific Young Researchers and Graduates Symposium “Innovations in Materials and Structural Engineering Practices”