Experimental Testing of Reinforced Concrete Structures
Heaven Singh is an Assistant Professor at the Dept. of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology since Nov 2014. He obtained his B.Tech in Civil Engineering in year 2009 from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. He joined structural engineering research group at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India for PhD and obtained his PhD on “Behaviour of Concrete Filled Steel Tubular Columns with Different Cross-Sections” in 2015. He has extensive experience in experimental testing of reinforced concrete structures. He has a keen interest in the design of reinforced concrete structures. His research areas include structural behaviour of reinforced concrete structures, concrete technology and sustainable cement-based materials. He has guided 3 M.E. Students and Presently supervising three M.E. and one Ph.D candidates.
- Behaviour of Concrete filled columns
- Numerical Modelling
- Recycled aggregate concrete
- P K Gupta and H Singh (20133) Numerical Study of confinement in short concrete filled steel tube columns. Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures, 11(8): 1445-62.
- P K Gupta, V K Verma, Z A Khaudhair and H Singh (2013) Effect of tube area on the behaviour of concrete filled tubular columns. Computers and Concrete, 15(2): 141-166.
- H Singh and P K Gupta (2014) Numerical modeling of rectangular concrete filled steel tubular short column. International Journal of scientific and Engineering research, 4(5): 170-73.
- P K Gupta and H Singh (2014) Study of Recycled Aggregate Concrete Filled Steel Tubular Metallic Composite Columns. INSDAG’s Steel in Construction, 14(1), 15-24
- H Singh and P K Gupta (2012) Numerical study of tubed concrete filled short columns. 5th Asian Concrete Federation Conference, Pattaya, Thailand, 26- 28 Oct 2012.
- P K Gupta and H Singh (20133) Analytical Study of concrete filled tubes in axial compression. Twenty-eight national convention of civil Engineers and national seminar on Role of infrastructure for sustainable development, Institute of Engineers Roorkee, 12-14 Oct 2012
Honours and Awards
- Awarded scholarship of Rs. 16000/- and Rs. 32000/- for third and second position respectively in 2nd and 3rd year of B.E. at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Best Paper Award in Institution of Engineers conference in IIT Roorkee in 2012.
- Laboratory In-charge – CAD Lab (Dept. Of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology)
- Co-Time Table In-charge - Dept. Of Civil Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology